Our primary role is supervising and delivering a programme of specialty training and examination in Intensive Care medicine. Our aim is to ensure a current and future practice of intensive care medicine to meet the needs of patients in Ireland at the highest level of specialty care.
The activities of the JFICMI include:
- Defining the curriculum for intensive care training.
- Engaging in a hospital inspection process ensuring quality of training.
- Appointment of trainees to suitable intensive care training posts.
- Supporting a programme of education.
- Managing Fellowship exam of JFICMI.
- Supporting PCS activities for ICM
- On-line log-book for trainees.
- Representing intensive care medicine within the post-graduate training bodies and Irish Medical Council.
- Assisting the Irish Medical Council in the assessment of equivalence of training for applicants seeking specialist registration in the specialty.
Advising government or other bodies relating to areas within the Faculty’s remit